This insurance is valid for one charter trip.
Case of insurance:
Neither the chartered nor an alternative yacht can be made available by the charter company at the agreed time for the following reasons:
- Insolvency of the charter company between booking and departure
- boating accident or sinking
Additional coverage for bookings with UNIQA:
- Not forwarding of the customer’s money (Alternative yacht: definition according to the general charter conditions: a yacht comparable in size, cabin and berth number as well as in equipment. It must be available at the latest after 1/4 of the agreed charter period, but no later than 3 days.)
Possibility of recourse by UNIQA against the charter company.
In case of insolvency/not forwarding of customer’s money Charter price (max. Euro 5.000,00- per week, maximum Euro 15.000,00- per trip), cumulating limit Euro 150.000,00- additional costs for flights etc., higher charter costs up to EUR 1.500,00- per trip, cumulating limit EUR 150,000
Not insured are:
- The omission of the charter, provided that the charter company has offered another charter yacht with the same cabin number to the insured and the latter refuses the alternative yacht.
- The omission of the charter due to circumstances, which the insured person is him-/herself reliable.
- Reductions of the charter price due to dissatisfaction or absence of the assured features (such as cleanliness, dinghy, outboard motor, additional sail, etc.) as far as the correct functioning of the chartered yacht is still provided.
- A reasonable cancellation of the charter due to late restitution by the charterer before for a repair of 24 hrs per charter week.
- Charter prices, which were not paid via means of bank transfer (bank transfers / credit cards) and not directly to the charter company (agency / basis).
- The non-availability of the yacht alone - except for the above mentioned reasons -does not determine any coverage.
the proposal for travel price safeguarding insurance has to be made to the insurer at the moment of taking out the charter contract; coverage starts with the payment of the premium.
UNIQA Sachversicherung AG, 1029 Vienna, Untere Donaustraße 21. Headquarters Vienna, FN (company number) 46466 h at the commercial court of Vienna, DVR: 0664367.